American Tripoli is a global industrial minerals and logistics company with key competency in mining, processing, logistics and science. We produced and offer a wide range of products to consumers worldwide.
We’re constantly finding and developing right solutions through the use of our products. Our clients rely on us to provide cutting-edge value-added services. In addition, partnering up with them to develop new products in a variety of industries, including Agriculture, Pharmacist, Ceramics, Chemicals, Hydrothermal, Jewelry, Lapidary, Machinists, Medical, Metal industry, Manufacturing; 3D Printing, Abrasives, Aggregates, Automobile, Cement, Detergents, Electronics, Industrial materials, Feed, Filters, Dynamite/Fireworks, Glass, Hydroponics, Oil and Gas, Optical, Paint, Plastics, Rubber, Sealants, Solar, and physician, as well as Woodcrafters.
In 1869, American Tripoli was established. The first commercial application was a polishing brick called “American Bath Brick” in 1871. Afterward, our research and development for new applications did not stop and because of this, Over 100 different products with over 1000 potential applications are being discovered for their uses.
The Foreseeable Future
- 1869 Tripoli discovered at Seneca, Missouri, U.S.A.
- 1871 The first commercial application, a polishing brick called “American Bath Brick” by Monarch Tripoli Co.
- 1885 The first grinding mill was built.
- 1888 American Tripoli Company was being sort-out.
- 1891 The incorporation of American Tripoli Company.
- 1919 Purchased by Barnsdall Corporation.
- 1920 The new grinding mill was built.
- 1931 The name changed to Barnsdall Tripoli Company.
- 1935 The name changed to Barnsdall Tripoli Corporation.
- 1939 The new steel mill built to replace old mill because it is destroyed by the fire.
- 1947 J. C. Miller and Associates purchased the company.
- 1954 The Carborundum Company purchased the company.
- 1969 The 100th Year anniversary of discovery.
- 1982 The Warburg, Pincus, Inc. of New York purchased the company.
- 1986 The Canadian Pacific purchased the company and directed operations to NYCO® Minerals, Inc.
- 1991 The 100th Year anniversary of incorporation.
- 2002 The Canadian Pacific assigned responsibility of NYCO and American Tripoli Inc. to Fording Coal.
- 2007 The Resource Capital Funds purchased NYCO & American Tripoli Inc. Then after 5 years,
- 2012 S&B Industrial Minerals purchased NYCO & American Tripoli Inc.
- 2014 The American Tripoli Inc. became certified in ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and OHSAS 18001.
- 2015 Imerys purchased S&B Industrial Minerals.
- 2016 Imerys sold American Tripoli Inc. to a private individual.
- 2021 A private investor family acquired American Tripoli Inc. and afterwards, the corporation was dissolved.
- 2021 MOSeneca Manufacturer LLC, a subsidiary is dba American Tripoli.